even before the pandemic swept through the u.s., dr. tomás aragón '77 has been one of the leaders in the fight against infectious disease in san francisco.
Community Health Updates
The health and safety of our students, staff, and families is our priority.
The Archbishop Riordan High School campus is currently closed.
in , we have outlined archbishop riordan high school's reopening strategies as of july 14, 2020. our number one priority is the health and safety of all riordan students and adults, while providing the best possible educational experience for all.
It is important that all families read the full reopening plan. Some or all of this information may change on short notice based on evolving guidelines.
: Delayed Start of School Year and Safety Planning
Please visit the for the latest updates about COVID-19, including travel-related advisories.
The Archdiocese of San Francisco Department of Catholic Schools has additional information .
We are committed to ensuring that learning continue during this unforeseen time of disruption. On Monday, March 30, Riordan launched a revised distance learning protocol for students that divides courses into two-week learning modules. The plan incorporates best practice research and input from faculty and students, and aims to serve current academic needs in the best way possible. Please see this overview for more information.
Final Exams and Second Semester Grades
Riordan will not be giving traditional final exams this year. This was not a decision that we came to lightly, but after evaluating several options, we believe this is the most equitable solution. Second Semester grades will be based on:
(1) assessments given in the third quarter (in person)
(2) assessments given in the fourth quarter (distance learning)
365bet体育官网 The following is a timeline for the remaining weeks of the school year.
4/20 - 5/1: Module 2
5/4 - 5/15: Module 3 (Revisions and extra faculty Office Hours)
365bet体育官网 5/18 - 5/22: Extra grading time
Counseling Resources for Students
we know that disruption of daily life can be very anxiety producing for some. riordan's counseling department has put together a great list of resources for creating academic routines, managing stress levels, and other useful tips. counselors are also available to meet with students as needed via phone and video conference.
During this time of uncertainty, we seek to support the hearts and minds of all those in the Riordan community and beyond. Visit Page
all school events, activities, games, and practices are canceled until further notice. this includes:
- All spring athletics have been cancelled for the remainder of this school year. Please see from Riordan's Athletic Department.
- Sophomore Retreat on March 12–13 (more information)
- Mother-Son Dance on March 14 (more information)
- Downtown Luncheon Event with Chris Mullin (more information)
- AP Exams: AP exams will take a new online format to account for school closures happening across the country. Riordan AP teachers will be reaching out to students with specific instructions about how students can prepare for this new test format. ()
- SAT: The College Board is canceling the May 2, 2020, SAT® administration. Makeup exams for the March 14 administration (scheduled March 28) are also canceled. TheCollege Board will provide refunds to all students who are registered for May, whose March test centers were closed, or who do not receive March scores due to an irregularity.
- Please check back for updates regarding other events.
Stories From Our Community
if you or someone you know in the riordan community has a story to share related to the covid-19 pandemic, we'd love to hear it.
365bet体育官网please contact director of communications victoria terheyden at email@example.com.
365bet体育官网currently working nights as a nurse at zuckerberg san francisco general hospital, francis sunga '12 talks about the importance of teamwork in health care (now more than ever), basic ways we can care for our community, and how his experience in riordan’s band set the stage for his current career.