365bet体育官网construction commenced june 11 on new locker rooms for boys and girls, an expanded weight room, and updated athletic training and coaches areas.
reflecting on the past few months and looking towards the future, there are two things that are certain:
- Our community is in the midst of great change
- Our mission remains the same: Riordan provides a values-based, college preparatory education to prepare students for leadership and lifelong success.
365bet体育官网with this in mind, i would like to share a few highlights of what we’ve done and what’s to come.
365bet体育官网in the midst of supporting our community through the covid-19 outbreak, we remain dedicated to preparing for and executing the transition to co-education beginning in the 2020–21 school year.
365bet体育官网we want to share some recent positive developments with you.
i write to you with some exciting news. beginning in the 2020-21 school year, archbishop riordan high school will become a co-educational institution. i have requested permission from the archdiocese to move forward, with support from the board of trustees.
365bet体育官网on february 4, 2020, president andrew currier and principal tim reardon shared this report with the riordan community to provide a detailed, thorough analysis of the co-ed decision-making process.
May Community Update
we contracted a consultant who specializes in change management to support riordan through the co-ed transition. they conducted extensive interviews with community members and presented findings to school leadership, the transition team, and our board of trustees. we invite you to view these findings and ways you can support this change in the presentation below.
- What sports will be offered next year?
- What will the new uniform for girls look like?
- What are the benefits to accepting girls at Riordan?
- Could Riordan preserve what is best about its brotherhood culture?
- Can you keep classes single gender?
- Do Riordan teachers know how to teach girls?
- Will going co-ed increase the cost of tuition?
- Why go co-ed now?
comprised of faculty and staff members across departments, the transition team serves to identify and address all challenges and opportunities that might occur as riordan shifts to a co-educational model in the 2020–21 school year.